Content2Zero, with the help of Zivtech, developed a web application for managing multiple groups volunteer assignments for synagogue services. Three versions of the complex data model for managing Torah reading assignments is built into the back end.
Jewish religious services have a lot of parts and require specialized skills. Many congregations or prayer groups prepare or lead those parts themselves. It's one thing to train the group's members in the skills needed to carry out these parts. Add to that keeping track of all the volunteers and the changing Torah readings from week to week and you've got a nightmare waiting to be solved by a web application.
- Use of Organic Groups module to allow simultaneous implementations of the same software on the same site.
- Custom automated email notifications to volunteers and volunteer coordinators.
- Custom admin pages for volunteer coordinators.
- Flexible permissions.
- Group pages for groups to add their own content.
- Custom module for determining which parts of the service to keep track of or assign and what type of Torah reading cycle the group uses easily configurable by volunteer coordinators.